Paying for Apps You Don't Use? How to cancel subscriptions
Subscriptions services cover just about everything you can think of nowadays, from food to books to entertainment to clothes. It seems that just about every company out there wants to offer you the opportunity to have their products delivered directly to you every month, all at a cost that quickly builds up.
Subscription services can be extremely helpful if you don't want to have to worry about arranging a whole list of payments every month. And arranging a subscription with a company only takes a couple of minutes, on your phone, on a website, on your smart tv, and your games consoles.
But the quick, easy nature of setting up subscriptions combined with the fact that you don't even notice when the payment leaves your account can sometimes result in us forgetting we have set the payment in the first place. And although the subscription amounts each month might not seem all that much, month on month the amount you are paying for a service you don't use, quickly accumulates.
If you are looking to save money, get your finances in order, and start budgeting properly, your first step should be to make a list of all your outgoing money - including your subscriptions. You may be surprised to discover you have been paying monthly subscriptions for services you haven't thought about in months!
Below we will guide you through the process of listing and canceling all the subscriptions you no longer use.
How to cancel your subscriptions
The first step in canceling subscriptions is to find them! There are so many different ways of arranging subscription payments available, that you will need to check more than one app and website to get a clear picture of how much you are spending. Below we will detail how to locate and cancel your subscription payments across a variety of different services.
How to Cancel Your Subscriptions on your Smart Phone
Subscriptions you can set up on your phone are easy to confirm and even easier to forget. So pick up your iPhone or Android Device and start there! You will easily be able to access a record of your current subscriptions and arrange to cancel them. If you run into trouble you can use Apple Support or Google Play Support.
How to Cancel Subscriptions on your Android Device
Cancel your recurring subscriptions on your Android and halt this monthly drain on your credit card bills! Here's how to go about it:
- Tap on the "Play Store" Icon on your Screen.
- Then tap the Menu section on the left corner of the top of the screen.
- Choose your relevant Account.
- Click on "Subscriptions" to see all the subscriptions you are currently paying for.
- Go down the list and identify the apps you no longer use or could do without. Then Cancel Them!
Canceling Subscriptions on your iPhone
- Go to the Setting icons on your phone.
- Click on your name at the top of the screen which will take you to the "iTunes and App Store".
- Then select "View Apple ID."
- Choose Subscriptions.
- You will be presented with a list of your open subscriptions. Go through the list and cancel the subscriptions for Apps you no longer use.
How to Cancel Your Subscriptions on Websites
You can also quite easily arrange subscriptions on many websites to unlock member content. Go through your recent credit card and debit bills and highlight the names of website subscriptions that are listed. Go through the list and decide whether you want to cancel any of those you have forgotten about and no longer want to pay for.
Obviously, given the wide range of sites available, we can't detail how to cancel on every site, but here are some of the most popular website subscriptions you might want to cancel.
Canceling Your Subscription to Netflix
You will not be able to cancel your Netflix Subscription using the app but will need to log onto the website.
- Log into the Netflix website.
- Go to the menu at the top of the screen
- Select your Account
- Then choose Membership & Billing
- Select to Cancel Your Membership.
How to Cancel Your OnlyFans Subscription
If you no longer make any use of your subscription or forgot you even made one. Here is how to cancel:
- Log onto your profile on the website. (You may need to use their email password reset to do this if it has been a long time)
- Select the User Profile that you want to cancel.
- Turn off the Auto Renew Feature and then Confirm your decision.
- If you have any problem you should email Customer Service who will cancel your subscription for you.
Canceling your subscription to ProBiller
To cancel your ProBiller subscription you will need to phone customer service. There is unfortunately no easy way to do it yourself on the site. Ask the customer service assistant to cancel the subscription for you. Make sure that you have all of the relevant account information in front of you to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
How To Cancel Your Subscription to CashApp
To cancel on your iPhone, go to your Settings. Then head to your iTunes and AppStore and click on Subscriptions. You will be presented with a list of your current subscriptions. Scroll down to the CashApp name and then click on Cancel Subscription.
Cancelling CashApp on your Android involves going to the Google Play Menu, then selecting subscriptions. Then scroll down until you get to CashApp. Click on cancel subscription and confirm.
How to Cancel your Amazon Prime Subscription.
Amazon Prime is convenient and has some great benefits, but it is also pretty costly. if you have resigned yourself to waiting a little longer for your deliveries, you will need to head to the Amazon Prime website to cancel your subscription.
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime Subscription
- Select your Account in the drop-down menu
- Click on Prime Membership
- Then scroll down until your find "Update & Cancel"
- Choose End Membership.
- Confirm your Choice.
American Express: Platinum Card
Best for Experienced Users
Final Subscription Cancelling Checks and Double Checks
- Go through your Inbox and look for any emails from subscription services you have forgotten about. (Make sure to check your Junk Folder for marketing emails that have gone unnoticed.)
- Scroll through your Mobile Banking App and check if you have missed any Subscriptions.
- Cancel your automated payments on your side as well. This will clean up your banking and keep you organized.
- Consider getting a Subscription-Tracking Tool. To avoid a long process in the future you can download a Subscription Tracking tool that will crawl through your bank account and identify your recurring payments. This will help you to keep track of your payments going forward.
Takeaway - How to cancel subscriptions
Subscription costs can build up surprisingly quickly. Each payment may be quite small, but if you are constantly clicking on new services, you may be surprised by exactly how much you are paying each month! Clean up your monthly outgoings and make sure that all the apps and subscription services you no longer use are canceled. You'll be surprised by how much you save!
Benefits of Amex Platinum
The benefits of Amex Platinum cards are already known as being some of the best around, with access to discounts and offers some of the most prestigious brands around.