Travel rewards cards aren't only for those who are traveling for pleasure. More and more business owners are working out how to leverage their business travel and spending to save money on future flights and hotel stays.
Your regular business spending on office supplies, gas, advertising, and computers can be used to build up points and miles for airline and hotel rewards programs. So, you can easily save money the next time you need to travel for an important meeting, book a business flight, or stay in a hotel for an important conference.
And the benefits of using hotel and airline credit cards don't stop there! Travel card holders also benefit from a variety of different perks and benefits that make their travel more comfortable, quicker, and enjoyable.
These can include free checked bags, upgrades with travel partners, TSA precheck memberships, and airport lounge access.
Below we have selected some of the best business travel cards which allow you and your employees to earn bonus miles per dollar on every purchase made for your business.
Choosing the best business travel cards for you will depend on a variety of factors. You should access the perks, benefits, and costs of each card against your normal business spending, travel purchases, and hotel stays and choose which will give you the most value when weighed against the annual fee.
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
Best for Beginners
Top 5 Best Travel Business Cards
United Business Card
- 75,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of opening your account.
- Earn 2x airmiles on each $1 spent on United card purchases for stationary, travel, and dining including eligible delivery services at gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting.
- Earn 1x transferable points on all other purchases using the card.
- 5,000 miles for each anniversary when you also own a personal credit card from United.
- Earn more points which employee cards at no additional costs.
- Free checked bag benefits for the primary cardholder and one additional companion.
- $100 travel credit for United flights after making qualifying purchases.
- Earn 500 PQP points for each $12,000 spent on the card (up to a limit of $1,000 rewards for each calendar year.)
- Build up your PQP points to qualify for elite status.
Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business Card From American Express
- $550 Annual Fee.
- 70,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of opening your account.
- 15,000 MQM miles after you spend $30k in purchases during a calendar year. (Limited to up to 60,000 points per year.)
- 3x miles for each dollar spent by eligible purchases with Delta.
- 1.5x miles for each dollar you spend on the card for the first $150,000 in a calendar year.
- 1x miles on all other purchases made using the card on qualifying purchases such as internet cable and phone services.
- Save 15% when you use your cards to book flights on the Delta website or Fly Delta app.
- Fee credit for membership for Global Entry or TSA Precheck.
- Complimentary access to Amex Centurion and Delta Sky Club airport lounges
The Hilton Honors American Express Credit Card
- $95 Annual Fee.
- 80,000 Hilton Honor points after spending $1,000 using your card within the first three months of opening your account.
- 7x points on purchases by you and card companions on all other eligible purchases at Hilton hotels and Hilton properties.
- 5x membership rewards performance business credit card points on card spending on dining including eligible delivery services.
- 5x points on eligible purchases at gas stations.
- 3x points on all other eligible purchases such as gift cards at gas stations office supply stores and on local transit and commuting.
- No foreign transaction fees on your business purchases abroad.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status. (With the chance to upgrade to Gold status if you spend $20,000 with your card within the calendar year.)
- Access to the Global Assist hotline - if you and your employee need help or advice while abroad.
- Car rental loss and damage insurance.
Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- $95 Annual Fee
- 100,000 bonus points when you spend $15,000 on card purchases within the first three months of owning the card. (Worth $1,250 when redeemed using Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- 3x rewards points on the initial $150,000 spent each year on the cards in categories including travel, shipping purchases, online advertising, internet, cable, and phone services.
- 1x rewards points per dollar spent on all other purchases including 0 delivery services, at gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting.
- Rewards points do not expire for as long as you keep your account open.
- Your points are 25% more valuable when you use them to buy travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Fraud and purchase protection for your business buying on the card.
- Employee cards at no extra cost so you can build up more points quicker.
Capital One Spark Classic Business Card
- No Annual Fee.
- No sign-up bonus points.
- Good for those who are applying for cards with lower credit scores.
- 5% cash back on hotel bookings, travel annual fees, and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases such as office supplies, gas purchases, and other business essentials.
- No Foreign transaction fees.
- A good option for building up your credit score and copy of your credit report.
- $0 liability for fraud on your business cards.
- Takes only 10 minutes to apply for the card and you will have your result within seconds of submitting your application.
Takeaway - The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best Business Card for Travel Rewards
Business travel rewards cards can help you to cut costs on travel, hotel, and car rental bookings without putting in any extra effort or making many adjustments at all!
Selecting the right card for your business will see rewards such as minimum spend bonus points, annual statement credits, and discounts on future travel and accommodation bookings.
Take a look at our list of top 5 travel business cards above and assess them against your business spending and activity. Making the right choice is essential if you are going to get the best perks and benefits for your company.
Top 5 Essential Travel Carry On Packing Tips
If you are a regular traveler for business or pleasure, the news articles and photos showing the oceans of backlogged checked bags and luggage littering airport floors over the summer will have rightfully filled you with horror.